- Wipes Material - $3 - we bought 1/2 yard on-sale fleece at Joann Fabrics. They always have some on sale or on clearance. You can also use some of those extra washcloths from your baby shower.
- Clean Wipes Tub - $1 - screw-top Rubbermaid 2 QT container, courtesy of Dollar Tree
- Dirty Wipes Bucket - $1 - if you already use cloth diapers, you probably have something set up already, but we've found a little bucket next to the trash works well.
- Spray Bottle - 2/$2.50 - to hold wipes sauce, bought in a 2 pack at Joann Fabrics
- Chamomile Tea - 20/$3 - we like organic, but it's not necessary.
- Baby Wash - 12 oz/$3 - we use Target Up&Up brand Baby Wash & Shampoo: Oat Extract. Love it.
- Almond Oil - 8oz/$4 - from Whole Foods. Good stuff!
- Chamomile Essential Oil - 15mL/$6 - from Whole Foods. You can opt for another oil if you are so inclined.
- White Vinegar - 1 gal/$2
- Cut your wipes fabric into ideal-sized pieces. I bought fabric that has 7" circles with animals printed on it. I cut out each circle - perfect size for us! Place your cut wipes into your Clean Wipes Container.
- Boil 2 cups of water. You can actually boil more than two cups, then measure out two cups of boiled water. I like making my whole mixture in a 2c. glass measuring cup. So boil your water, measure 2 cups. Step 1 Complete!
- Steep 1 Chamomile Tea Bag in your boiled water, about 2-3 minutes. Remove tea bag and put in compost pile.
- Add 1 tbsp White Vinegar. (If your baby is prone to rash or currently has a rash, you can skip the vinegar.) Add 1 tbsp Baby Wash. Add 1 tbsp Almond Oil. Add 4-6 drops Chamomile Oil.
- Whisk! Be careful - it should be hot!
- Pour 1/4c. wipes sauce over wipes in Clean Wipes Container. Pour remainder into Spray Bottle.
- Spray baby's bottom and wipe! Place dirty wipe in your Dirty Wipe Bucket.
- Wash wipes like cloth diapers - Hot Cycle with baking soda and hypoallergenic detergent, vinegar rinse, extra clean water rinse. Dry without softener; dry in sun to help remove stains when weather permits.
Kola enjoying his new Wipes!
"Everyday is Earth Day"
♥Do you have an easy, cost-effective way to reduce your waste and save some green? Share in the comments or on the FaceBook!